Join us for Bennington’s Year-Round Farmers’ Market!
Saturday, February 18, 10 a.m. till noon: Can Your Mac & Cheese Compete?
If so, think about entering our Macaroni and Cheese Cook Off! The competition is open to mac and cheese aficionados of all ages and skill levels, including everyday fans of the creamy comfort food, amateur chefs, and local restauranteurs.
To participate, sign up at one of our upcoming markets, or contact Audrey at the phone/email listed below.
- Bring a hot crock pot full of your best recipe by 9:30 the day of the competition.
- Samples of the entries will be for sale for $1 each to patrons, who will cast ballots for their favorites. Votes will be counted starting at noon, though samples will still be available for sale.
- Prizes will be awarded at 12:30 to the top three entrants.
- Proceeds from the event will benefit Bennington County Meals on Wheels.
- For a list of rules or for more information please contact Audrey Pietrucha at 802-733-6981 or at email@example.com.
Winter markets are in full swing!
Fresh greens and vegetables, delicious baked goods, dairy products, meats, honey & syrup, and more, all produced locally!
Join us inside at the First Baptist Church, 601 Main St. on first and third Saturdays from 10 AM – 1 PM.
- Jan. 7 & 21
- Feb. 4 & 18 (Mac and cheese cookoff! See above…)
- March 4 & 18
- April 1 & 15
The summer market takes place at the scenic river walk park along the Walloomsac River on Depot Street, Saturdays from 10 AM – 1 PM, May through October. Saturday morning markets are a great way to gather with friends and neighbors and shop for tantalizingly fresh food. Stroll along the river walk, chat with the vendors about their wares, take in the colors and aromas of just-picked vegetables and fresh baked goodies, and enjoy the great sounds of local musicians. Sign up for our weekly newsletter to find out about all our special events as well as what goods will be offered each week by our vendors.
We accept EBT and Debit cards!