This event is first and foremost a fundraiser for Meals on Wheels and designed to promote fun!
That being said, we do have a few rules:
- $5 entry fee per crock-pot. All entries must be homemade (even Annie’s Organic Mac and Cheese is not allowed. It wouldn’t win anyway, we hope.)
- Tables, serving utensils, and power will be provided.
- Bring entry(s) to the First Baptist Church, 601 Main St., Bennington by 9:30 on January 20 and plan on being there to serve (there will be people who can spot you for bathroom breaks, etc.).
- We’ll begin selling tickets at 10 a.m. and continue untill about 12:30, when votes will be gathered and counted. Winners will be announced around 12:45.
- Samples will be approximately 1/3 of a cup, about the size of a ladle or large serving spoon.
- A list of ingredients must be provided near your entry for those with food allergies.
- Any size slow-cooker is allowed. In fact, for your sake, the bigger the better because …
- Judging is done by attendees, who purchase tickets for $1 each or 6 for $5. Each ticket entitles the holder to one sample and one vote. The more samples you sell, the better your chances of coming in first, so it pays to get as many of your friends and family members to come out. Tell them to vote early and often!
- The top three entries will win a wooden spoon (gold, silver and bronze) as well as other prizes. The top vote-getter wins a $50 gift card from King Arthur Flour.
Thanks for your interest and good luck!!!